All parents want what’s best for their little ones, but some choices can be difficult. If your child has crooked teeth, we encourage you to read this post, and consider clear braces from Alaska Premier Dental Group.
1. A beautiful smile with straight teeth boosts your child’s self-esteem.
Young children with crooked teeth may not notice anything wrong, but eventually they will realize that their teeth don’t look right. Straight teeth make the whole face more pleasing and attractive. If your child is self-conscious about their teeth, he or she may be reluctant to smile.
2. Crooked teeth can affect the bite.
If you suspect that your child’s bite is not aligned, we invite you to make an appointment with Alaska Premier Dental Group. We’ll evaluate your child’s bite and make recommendations.
3. Crooked teeth can influence speech development.
4. Correcting a child’s teeth with braces is faster and easier when the jaw is young and flexible.
5. Crooked teeth can cut down your child’s ability to eat a healthy diet.
Misaligned teeth can make chewing and eating difficult. Children need a variety of foods but may miss out on important nutrients if they can’t chew raw vegetables or meat, for example. If your child only eats soft foods, his/her jaw may not develop normal size and strength.
6. Misaligned teeth can damage the gums and underlying bone.
7. Crooked teeth are a risk factor in TMD (Temporomandibular Disorders).
TMD is a harmful condition affecting the jaw joint.
8. It’s easier to clean teeth when they are straight and uncrowded.
When uneven teeth begin to crowd together, it becomes problematic to make critical daily cleanings effective. And, when your teeth aren’t cleaned properly, issues with plaque build-up, cavities, and gum disease generally result.
9. If the child’s crooked teeth are not repaired while they are young, the troubles may compound and become worse with age.
Severely crooked teeth ordinarily influence well-being and quality of life. For example, chewing problems can lead to ulcers, and gum disease increases the risk of stroke and heart disease.
10. There are many new types of braces.
Ceramic, self-ligating, and clear braces are some of the new options in braces. In some circumstances, clear braces can be just as effective at aligning teeth as the old-school type.
To find out more about clear braces, contact the Alaska Premier Dental Group in Anchorage. We provide general and family dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry.
Contact Alaska Premier Dental Group: