For a lot of Alaskans, this time of year brings joy and happiness to our hearts. Holidays are a time to get together with loved ones and exchange gifts over a glorious feast. But for others, it is just a reminder of the things they don’t have and the struggle they live with day to day.
This holiday season, take the time to think about others in need. It could be as simple as smiling and saying hello to someone or donating your time. Here is a list of 20 of our favorite random acts of kindness:
1. Buy the person behind you in line their coffee
2. Add to someone’s meter to save them from getting a parking ticket
3. Help an elderly person carry their groceries to their car
4. Shovel someone’s driveway
5. Compliment a stranger
6. Leave an overly generous tip for a pleasant server
7. Bake for your neighbors
8. Send a card to a family member saying, “I LOVE YOU”
9. Go to AARF and take a few dogs on a walk
10. Let someone go in front of you during rush hour
11. Donate your time to a shelter
13. Visit a senior center and listen to their stories
14. Stop what you’re doing and take the time to help someone else
15. Pay for a strangers meal whose eating alone
16. Give away free hugs
17. Leave a gift for the mailman
18. Tape a bag of popcorn to the side of a Redbox Machine
19. Let someone in front of you in line at the DMV, Post Office, ect.
20. Dress up like Santa and visit a local foster home
Here at Alaska Premier Dental, we strive to take care of you, way beyond your smile. This holiday season it’s so important to remember those who are less fortunate. You’d be surprised to see how a little kindness can go a long way.
Happy holidays from Alaska Premier Dental!