Do you have a young child? Why are dental sealants from Alaska Premier Dental Group important for kids’ oral health?
- Children without sealants have almost three times more decay than children with sealants. (Centers For Disease Control)
- Sealants may be covered by your Alaska dental insurance plan. For parents without dental insurance, sealants are worth the rate. You will likely skip fillings and additional dental visits. Note that some Alaska dental insurance providers have age limitations for sealants. Alaska Premier Dental Group recommends having sealants applied as early as possible.
- With proper care, sealants can last for many years. They safeguard your child during the years they are most likely to get cavities.
- By practicing careful dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects, your child can maximize their lifespan.
- The application process is painless. Teeth are cleaned, dried, and then the liquid sealant material is applied to teeth. It hardens quickly. Your youngster won’t need to skip meals after the service.
In some situations, sealants can be placed over existing tooth decay to prevent further damage. We will determine if your child is a good candidate for this application.
Sealants, oral hygiene, a balanced diet, and dental cleanings are essential for pediatric dental health. Schedule an appointment with us at Alaska Premier Dental Group. Services include family and restorative dentistry. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Alaska Premier Dental Group: