The desire to prevent cavities is one of the main reasons individuals visit their dentists
Today we are going to consider 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings appear. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to set up an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among pre-teens, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, abstain from frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Anchorage area, give Alaska Premier Dental Group a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Wasilla since 1997.
Contact Alaska Premier Dental Group:
6611 DeBarr Rd, Ste 100 and 200
Anchorage, Alaska 99504
865 N Seward Meridian Parkway, Suite #201
Wasilla, Alaska 99654