At Alaska Premier Dental Group, serving Anchorage and Wasilla, we can answer your questions about improving your smile.
- Do you have a missing tooth?
- Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available?
- Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, you should examine the differences between a dental bridge and a dental implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem. The teeth next to the missing tooth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
Why does a dental implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- Usually stronger.
- Lessen the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- Easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- Lasts longer.
- Eventually, could support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to your Anchorage dentist about all of your treatment options. If you select a dental implant, it will probably be less pricey in the long run and will certainly feel better.
Contact Alaska Premier Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):